Sunday, December 04, 2022

What is Patreon?



Patreon Membership Page Link

For awhile now, I have been talking about adding a way for followers of my YouTube channel and Travels By Trike blog to contribute to my efforts in a more direct way. With this in mind, I recently joined Patreon. Patreon is a membership website that gives subscribers an easy and direct way to support creators such as  musicians, artists, filmakers, YouTube channels and bloggers. I think lots of my subscribers and followers enjoy what I do and would like to contribute in a small but meaningful way. The Patreon website accepts donations for creators and is, essentially, a simple way to offer financial support.

Patreon recommends setting up tiers to take the guess work out of how much to donate. You can donate any amount but I have set up 3 tiers. The lower tier is $3 to buy me a cup of coffee every month. The 2nd tier is for $5 and provides links to my YouTube videos as I upload them and before they are made public. The 3rd tier is for $10 to take me out for dinner once a month. You can use the donation tier suggestions or fill in your own dollar amount. Donation amounts can be as little as $1.

There are no requirements or expectations for becoming a Patreon. Only become a member of my Patreon if you feel comfortable doing it. Patreon has been around for years and years and is completely trusted by the creator community.

Nothing about my YouTube channel or blog will be effected by this new Patreon membership. All of my videos will be public and available for viewing whether or not you are a Patreon member. I am thinking of Patreon as a virtual tip jar. If you enjoy my content and would like to show support, become a member of my Patreon to donate whatever you are able to.  Simply buying me a $3 cup of coffee a month will go a long way to showing support.


The picture below is a link to ...


Please check out my Patreon page and consider becoming a member to support my YouTube channel as well as my upcoming 9,000 mile USA trike tour.

c'mon Myrtle, let's go!! 


Thanks for following along!!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment