Thursday, June 08, 2006

A Grey Day

It was spitting rain most of the day and I didn't feel like going out biking in it. I wanted to take my bike to the shop for a gearing adjustment but the store wasn't open. The gearing is so tight I can't get into the big ring which might be especially nice for Saturday's ride. I'll try again tomorrow.

Spent too much time watching the women's semifinal French Open matches this morning. Vaidisova was up a set and serving at 5-4 for the match but couldn't close it out. Kuznetsova turned it around to win in three. Vaidisova is only 17 and definitely has a big game. It will be interesting to see how she responds to this loss. In the other semifinal Henin-Hardenne took out Kim Clijsters pretty easily. It's hard not to see Henin taking the title for a third time Saturday.

Subbed for someone at the "C" + "B" city league team practice. These are really nice ladies who play a mean game. I always enjoy playing with people who are better than I am. We were playing doubles so my weaknesses weren't too glaring.

Later in the afternoon I met with my women's group. We get together every other week and use a book as a spring board to discuss other issues. Mostly just how we feel about stuff.
We started off reading "Sex and Seasoned Woman" but decided we really didn't like it. Now we are reading "A Highly Sensitive Person's Guide for Survival". This book really feeds into another obsession which is to simply feel better. My endocrine system is a bit of a mess and I'm finding that how I handle myself emotionally can have a real effect on controlling my hormones. I would really like to incorporate meditation into my daily routine. Ideally, I'd like to use it to start my day. I know how to do it, I know it will be good for me but for some reason - I don't do it. Alright - let's say I'm working on it. I always look forward to meeting with these gals.

1 1/2 hours tennis doubles

No comments:

Post a Comment