Friday, September 29, 2006

Back to the Business of Biking

I've been biking frequently since the New York trip and its about time to document. Here are some pictures from the latest rides.

This cow was pulling on a branch shaking the tree to get the apples to fall.













On my way back past the same farm there were many more cows looking for hand outs from the smart cow.


Yeah, what do you want to do about it?








This house had birdhouses all around it.
I've started expanding my rides and looking for more routes. I found a route on the randonneuring website and another on the blueberry's. I tried out the Blueberry route today which went through Hazel Dell and Salmon Creek or atleast that's as far as I got. A bridge was closed on Salmon Creek and I got lost finding my way back to the route after the detour. It was a beautiful day and I didn't mind. This will be a good route once I figure out how to get around the detour. Actually, I think I did today - if I can remember what I did. Its supposed to be a beautiful weekend so I think more biking is in store. I managed to do 41.5 miles today with many hills. Even the Felida hill- good stuff. I might try the other route which goes through Battleground and on up St. Helens. The route is 124 miles so I'll probably go 20-30 miles and then turn around.

No comments:

Post a Comment