Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Rowena Doesn't Get Her Teeth Cleaned

Poor 'ol girl!! I took Ro to the vet this morning to have some bloodwork done. The vet needed to check on her kidneys before we could talk about having her teeth cleaned. Turns out her kidney's are failing and the vet didn't want to chance putting her under. I asked how much time Ro had left thinking it would be about a year. The vet said it's possible but more likely just a few months. This cat has been such a good friend. It will be hard to say goodbye. We've been together for over 15 years. She was a stray when I found her and could have been 3 years old at that time. I guess she's had a good long life. There's no treatment for her condition I'll just try to keep her comfortable. To be honest, she doesn't really seem that sick. I've noticed over the last couple of years she's been drinking more than eating but she doesn't seem to be in any pain. Here I was worried about a little gingivitis. She sure is a good sport!!

I also went to the dentist and got my teeth cleaned. They are looking good. One of my implants has come loose so I'll be going to my old dentist tomorrow to have her tighten it up.

Later in the day I got my bloodwork results from my new doc at St. Vincents. My prolactin levels are 28. Yaahoo!! This is great news. The last few times I've had this test done the levels were approaching 50. They are supposed to be under 25. The doctor also wants me to lower my dosage of synthroid. My thyroid apprears to be stronger as well. About 2 months ago I started using progesterone cream with good results. I noticed that I was feeling calmer - inside. Much less anxious. Could it be affecting my prolactin and possibly thyroid hormone levels? Wouldn't it be great if these two problems could be eleviated with an over the counter cream?!?!? This will motivate me to keep using it.

I also took the time to change tires on the trike today. I'm so glad I did. It was hard but I did it. On the first try, the tube got a snake bite puncture when I pumped it up. Then I couldn't get the patches to stick to the tube. Maybe the patches were old - I used patches from another kit and those worked just fine. Then I changed out the rear tire. It also took awhile but I finally got it. At least I know I've done it once. I tell you those 20" wheels are hard to get the tires off of!!

No comments:

Post a Comment