Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Addition for this year's tour?

Irving

Earlier this summer my sister and her finacĂ© came to Portland for a very nice visit. She gave me a small painting from a collection she is holding for me while I tour. I don't have a home and all my stuff is in storage. I didn't want the collection of paintings to be damaged while I travel and sent them to my sister for safe keeping. I inherited the collection of around 30 paintings, of no great value, from our father. The artist is Maria Rand and I've never been able to find any information about her. Perhaps my father bought everything she ever painted. Most of the pieces are cheery, bright colored landscapes and still lifes painted in oil with very thick brush strokes. This one is a bit of an odd duck and doesn't fit with most of the other paintings. My sister thought I should include this little painting on my next tour and titled it Irving, our father's name. 

The idea of hanging this quirky little original painting in the tent while I camp really is irresistible.

Do you carry artwork on cycle tours or while you travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment