Saturday, March 24, 2007

Resolving Health Issues


The last 6 weeks or so have been tough physically. It has, seriously, been one thing after another. I'm not used to being sick so this has really worn me down. First I had a cold that took a couple of weeks to get over and then there was the flu. I think I threw my back out throwing up. Once I felt better I was so excited I went out and played tennis and then cleaned the house. I knew I was in trouble when I couldn't get the vacuum cleaner up the stairs. I still played tennis even though I was having trouble standing up. Actually, I played a couple of doubles matches wearing those heated Thermacare pads and
somehow we managed to win. It probably delayed recovery though as I have been to the chiropractor, message therapist and acupuncturist countless times over the past month to get relief. It is finally loosening up and I'm almost 100%. Last weekend I managed a 32 mile ride with a good group of OHPVers and the slugs. It was a gorgeous day. I think the biking helped. I've also been swimming and taking epsom salt baths. I going to start working on my abs and doing some strength training this week. I'll be taking it slow to insure there aren't any relapses.


No comments:

Post a Comment