Monday, July 10, 2006

bump in the road

It has been hot. Too hot for riding. Friday I went pedalling and got a case of heat rash. I was out for less than 1 1/2 hours and started getting that wierd feeling in my head and red splotches on my legs. It was a nice ride though. Went down Bridgeport Rd to 1665 and turned right on South Benson Rd. Came across a lovely neighborhood which I explored before turning back. I rode past a herd of at least 60 cows and I think every cow was staring at me. Too bad I didn't have my camera. Again, I saw people driving past me smiling at the trike. It must be such an odd sight.

I talked to Deborah again yesterday about moving here and she really doesn't want me staying in her house. She is so worried we won't get along and it will affect our relationship. She insists I'll be happier in Louisville. The problem I'm having with moving to Louisville is I don't know anyone in Louisville. The tennis club is great, the neigborhood is really nice but it will take me over a year to feel comfortable there. Do I really want to move some place where I don't know anyone? It would be an easier transition if I could live with Deborah and find my way around Louisville before living there. She is so busy with her property I don't know how much we would see each other. I guess I could drive over to Frankfort on weekends to see her. Of course, we would probably spend most of the time working on her place. It feels really lonely. This isn't what I had in mind. Again, I'll see how I feel about the move when I get back to Vancouver but today I'm concerned this move isn't a good idea. I'm pretty down about it today.

I spent a lot of time today trying to figuring out how to get the trike back to Vancouver. It comes with a video describing how to break it down into 2 suitcases that can be checked on an airplane. It gives the sizes of the suitcases as well - it just doesn't say where to get them. I'm looking for the old style cloth suitcases with one zipper. I went to Goodwill, a couple of pawnshops and a collectables shop with no luck. I found suitcases but they were too small. Everything now has wheels and a long collapsible handle. I found a bike website that has the right size but I don't think I can get it shipped to me in time. I'll check with UPS and see what they can do for me tomorrow. If I can get it shipped back arriving a couple of days after my return that will be ok too. I'm eager to try taking the trike apart - the video makes it look totally doable. I'm also looking forward to riding it in Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment