Friday, June 09, 2006

Tennis and Bike Repair

Got to the club at 9 am for ladies day. The head pro feeds balls for about an hour and then we break up for doubles.

Here I am with the gals in red- Yumi and Nancy.

Later, I took my bike to the Community Cycling Center for an adjustment to my shifters. What a great place - Larry the mechanic was able to fix my bike immediately. The cycling center has a volunteer night where you help and learn about bike repair. After putting in 20 hours you can sign up for an 8 week mechanics course. Sounds like a good idea too me.


Larry the mechanic

Then it was back to the public courts for more practice with the senior ladies. It was very windy - good practice.

After that the city league ladies had an after season party. It was at a house that was huge in a beautiful setting. Every room was enormous - even the utility room. It was fun meeting everyone's husbands. I think I was close to 15 years younger than anyone else.

When I got home, I plugged in the address for the ride I was planning on doing tomorrow and found it will take almost 2 hours to get there. I would have to get up at 4 to start riding at 7 am. Suddenly, this ride isn't looking so good. I did this ride last year but I lived about 40 minutes closer. Well, there are other closer rides coming up.

3 hrs tennis

No comments:

Post a Comment