Friday, June 16, 2006

So Much To Do

With just a few days left until I leave for Kentucky I managed to cross off some items from my 'to-do' list. But this had to wait until after some early morning tennis. After chasing a little yellow ball around for almost 1 1/2 hours I drove into Portland for my afternoon of beauty. I've had Johnny at Gigi's on the park blocks cut and color my hair for years now. He has never disappointed me - especially the color. Very nice once again. We went much blonder this time and I think it looks terrific. I also had my toes done. It feels like I am ready for summer and Kentucky. As soon as I left the salon the heavens opened up. Its not unusual for it to rain in Portland but it was been raining so much. Today was no exception - boy did it rain and rain and rain. Luckily I was prepared and my new doo was spared. I went from the salon to the Oregonian to visit with the old cronies. It was good to see everyone and it also reinforced my decision to leave that job. From there I went to have a very late lunch with Shawn. He had agreed to buy all my woodworking equipment that he had been storing and using for the last three plus years. We had originally said he would pay it off over 6 months but today he wrote me a check in full. Nice surprise!! Took that check right to the bank and squirrelled it away in my savings account. Of course, most of this money is going to be spent next week on the new trike. I talked to Deborah and she sounded much better today than last weekend. I'm getting excited about this trip and possibility of moving.

1 1/2 hours tennis doubles

No comments:

Post a Comment