Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Massage and Tennis Day

Started off the day watching a very disappointing French Open match. Djokavic retired, basically gave up, after losing 2 sets to Nadal. The guy is playing in the quarterfinals of a grand slam, no doubt the biggest match of his young career and gives up? Not good!!

After that I went to visit with my buddies at the Marshall Street clinic. Had a very nice massage with Jessica. She's been gone for a couple of weeks so it was nice to see her and get caught up. My body is feeling better than I think it ever has - very nice. Brought my camera and took some pics. Once I get a card reader I'll post them.

All lathered up, I met some of the tennis ladies at the Clark College courts. The super senior team is going to Sun River for playoffs and they need to practice outside in the elements. All the play in Sun River is outdoors. One of the ladies on the team couldn't make it so I was called as a sub. We met at 1:00 to get the sun high in the sky. It was pretty windy out there too. I grew up playing outside on the public courts in Southern California and really enjoy it. Aside from the wind and sun, outside play is always slower. You have to wait longer to hit your shots constantly making adjustments with your feet. If you're not used to moving your feet the matches could be short.

I was thinking about my bike ride yesterday and how well I did on the hills. I climbed far more than I ever have. I must have chugged my way up 10 good hills. Before yesterday, I was worried about climbing 2 hills. Its almost as if I'm getting used to huffing and puffing. Its not worrying me as much as it used to. I did have to stop at the top of one hill that I mistakenly took in the middle chain ring. Tomorrow I'll try that one in the granny gear. I'm thinking about expanding the ride a bit more tomorrow maybe to 35 miles. This time I've got my maps. I've also got a camera to document it. My ride yesterday really helped my confidence. Saturday I'm looking at doing a charity club ride. It starts in Lebanon, Or with 35, 55, 76 or 100 mile options. I'm thinking about doing the 76 mile option. I'll probably make that decision at the 55 mile turn around point.

Its back to watching the French Open tape - hopefully, the matches will be better!!

1 1/2 hours tennis doubles

No comments:

Post a Comment