Monday, June 26, 2006

Made it to Kentucky


It almost feels unreal being here. I've been thinking about being here and anticipating what it would feel like for a couple of months now.

Ro - at the airport - in the carrier.


I've got to start with Rowena - amazing. She spent 12 hours in a little carrier without meowing or fussing at all. I've always thought of her as very sensitive but she showed me just how tough she is. It felt like she totally trusted me and surrendered to the whole experience. I brought her out of the carrier at both stops - Seattle and Chicago - to let her stretch her legs in the baby changing stations of the women's room. Once we got to Kentucky I expected she would spend 2 days under the bed but no, she started exploring right away. Typically, this is a cat that barely sticks her head out the back door of the condo. Not only has she been outside - she been walking far from the house. I call her in and she kind of 'mosies' back to the house.

The trike - isn't it beautiful!!


I'll get pictures in better settings soon - but I couldn't wait to show it off!!

1 comment:

  1. Cool bike. Have you gone on any rides yet?
    Saw Warren and Jane last night, we were all trying to stay cool with the 100 heat. Fill asleep quickly once I went inside.

    Sounds like Ro is having a good time. Is she catching any mice???

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete