Monday, June 12, 2006

A Lazy Day

I thought it was going to rain all day yesterday and decided to stay inside and take care of the house. Turned out to be a beautiful day with rain forcast for the rest of the week. I already had my heart set on cleaning house and watching the men's French Open finals so I stayed in.

Yumi went to Costco and bought me some cat litter and dropped it off - very thoughtful. Costco has the best litter. Nancy called and asked me to come over to the club to take pictures of the national Mother/Daughter tennis tournament finalists and trophy presentation. Good tennis.

Watched the men's final of the French Open and my man, Roger, couldn't get past Rafa - again. He looked out of sorts through most of the match and I didn't have the feeling he believed he could win even after taking the first set 6-1. He was playing for his first French title and to hold all four grand slam titles at once. What an opportunity - it's difficult to believe this will come around again. I think he can win the French though for a career grand slam. He has got to be really bummed today. I just hope this loss doesn't affect his Wimbledon performance. Nadal was amazing!! He played every point as if it was the most important point of the match. The mental strength to keep that up is staggering. I'll bet he turns that mental toughness into many big wins on other surfaces.

I cleaned the house!! Only been thinking about that for a while - procrastinating as long as possible. It feels good.

So that was yesterday - it's noon now and I've already played tennis twice. Started at 7:30 am. My stomach is giving me some grief so we'll see if I make it to ladies night.

I found a vet for Ro, had her shots and got a certificate of health for the flight next week. The vet didn't think she would need a seditive and suggested a small dose of benadril instead of a presciption medication. She also has some gingivitis on both sides in the back of her mouth. He suggested I wait until we get back from our trip for the dental work. She might lose a tooth. It looks irritated and tender. I think I'll call another vet to get a second opinion. If it was my mouth I'd want it taken care of... Next I have to find a cat carrier - called the airlines and got the dimensions.

3 hours tennis doubles

No comments:

Post a Comment